The entire world is facing a serious health hazard of coronavirus from late 2019. It results in respiratory problems, pneumonia, badly-behaved in lung functions, and even multi-organ failure. In this critical situation, everyone is suggesting to purchase a Coronavirus Health Insurance Cover. Some people have already opted for a health insurance cover. While others are still thinking of purchasing one for their family. If you are the one who is thinking of purchasing a Coronavirus Health Insurance Cover then you must read the below points to get an idea about the plan.
Adequate sum insured
Whenever we think of purchasing a health insurance policy the first thing that comes in our mind is the sum insured. It is necessary to purchase a policy that has an adequate sum insured. Numerous insurance companies in the market are providing so ever sum insured at a higher price. Before purchasing a Coronavirus Health Insurance Cover, you just need to decide a sum insured. A sum insured that is sufficient to cover the health needs of your family. If you will not look for the sum insured then it will create a problem later. You can take a sum insured of up to 5 lakhs for the treatment of coronavirus.
Coronavirus special health covers are non-renewable. They are available only for a limited period of one year. But if you have a normal health insurance policy then you can renew and use it till lifelong.
People who have a recent travel history from any highly infected country are not eligible to purchase this plan. Also, if you are found with any symptoms of coronavirus before 6 weeks of purchasing the plan. Then the company has the right to keep your policy on hold or cancel it. Additionally, any normal person of up to 75 years of age can buy Coronavirus Health Insurance Cover.
Free Look period:
All the special COVID 19 plans have a special feature of 15 days free look period. In case if you find your policy not sufficient then you can cancel it within 15 days. The insurance company will initiate your refund instantly.
All health insurance policies come with a basic waiting period of 30 days. However, seeing the criticality of the coronavirus, some insurance providers have reduced their waiting period to 15-20 days.
Coronavirus Health Insurance Cover provides multiple coverage benefits for their customers. You can cover in-patient hospitalization, ambulance, OPD, and ICU charges. Apart from this, pre-hospitalization expenses of 30 days and post-hospitalization expenses of 60 days are also covered in the policy.
- A standard health insurance plan will cover all types of ailments like critical illness, accident, and pre-existing disease. While a coronavirus plan will only cover your hospitalization and treatment of the coronavirus after purchasing the plan.
- If you are already infected with coronavirus, then the insurance company will allow you to purchase the policy. Whereas you can take treatment from the first day after getting infected with an existing health insurance policy.
- All standard health insurance plans come with a basic renewable tenure of 1 year and you have to renew it after 1 year to continue with the same plan. Whereas a coronavirus health insurance policy doesn’t come with a renewal option and has a total tenure of 1 year.
- You can avail of an additional sum insured in a standard health insurance plan if your insurance account hits zero in mid of the year. But a coronavirus plan does not give you the facility to add sum insured after purchasing the plan.
- Both standard health insurance plans and Coronavirus Health Insurance Cover gives you the freedom to take cashless treatments in the network hospitals.
Coronavirus Health Insurance Cover is the safest option for those who want to protect themselves from the coronavirus but don’t have any health insurance plan. Though this plan provides immense protection to COVID infected patients but doesn’t seem suitable for overall protection. However, if you choose a Best Health Insurance plan then it proves to be the right choice to deal with life-threatening conditions. Read the below points to know about the inclusions and excluded from a COVID-19 insurance plan.
- Customers who have traveled to China, Italy, Spain, Japan, Thailand, or any other most infected countries after November are not allowed to make a claim.
- If you come in contact with a COVID-19 patient in mid 6 weeks of prior purchasing the policy then you are not eligible to purchase a policy.
- A Coronavirus Health Insurance Cover will not cover you with the existing symptoms of coronavirus like sneezing, cough and breathing problems.
- The insurance company will conduct several tests at the time of purchasing the policy. The insurance company has the right to put your policy on hold if they found you positive in the tests.
As per a recent survey, we have found that less than 4% of infected people have an existing health insurance policy. So, it became a serious concern for our society whether we are serious about our health or not. We all have seen various advertisements, posters, banners showing the importance of health insurance. Still, we are not thinking about opting for one for ourselves. This type of human mindset will lead to a huge loss to their saving in the future.
We have predicted the criticality of the future. Hence comes to a conclusion that it is important to opt for a Best Insurance Policy that covers your coronavirus as well as all other diseases. Although you have to pay low premiums in Coronavirus Health Insurance Cover this will end after a year. So, opting for comprehensive health insurance is better than going for a temporary Coronavirus cover.