Health insurance is the best way to provide security to your family from unplanned medical expenses. You have to pay your hard-earned money in medical bills when someone in your family has to admit in the hospital due to serious illness or some disease. There are lots of health insurance companies in the market, offering various schemes. With all of them, you have to pay money to buy an insurance plan but its completely depend on your requirement and choice that from which company you want to bur and for how many peoples. To choose the best health insurance plan available in the market you much compare the facilities and advantages online.
The best Health insurance must have these features for sure:
- Online process: From the purchasing of the insurance until the claim settlement, the complete process bust be online and hassle-free. No hard copy is required at the time of settlement.
- 0% co-payment: Thins verifies that you don’t have to pay a single penny at the time of claim settlement.
- No capping on room rent: You can take any private room (having high charges) and the complete bill will pay by the insurer.
- Vast hospital network: You can easily find any collaborated hospital near your location so that you don’t have to take to the patient through a long way to reach the network hospital.
- Advance cash benefit: You will get a pre-approved claim in cash before the treatment started.
- No claim bonus: It will increase somepercentage to yoursum insured if you don’t make any claim for a year and can be increased gradually if not claimed for multiple years.
- Complete coverage provided: Insurance plan must provide complete coverage of the hospitalization including, medicines, OPD, maternity benefits, transportation charges, surgery cost, and other things.
- Fixed premium cost: Make sure that the insurance company is not increasing the premium every year by applying any extra charges to the premium.
If you think that you don’t need a health insurance plan, then it is wrong. Like everyone, these days must need this to get themselves financially strong when it comes to medical expenses. Here are another few reasons due to which you need it positively:
- These days we all are living a Sedentary lifestyle and due to this 61% of hospitalizations cases are reported.
- Medical bills in Heart diseases are too high to bear and can cause instantly.
- Pollution in metropolitan cities leads to a rise in respiratory disease.
- Cancer patients are increasing day by day due to their casual lifestyle.
- Accident rates are too high in India, that also cause medical emergency many times.
- Medical treatment is unaffordable due to high inflation rate.
- A medical emergency can happen anytime and health insurance makes sure that it doesn’t hit your savings.
Apart from these private health insurance companies, there are some schemes run by the government of India to provide financial stability to the weaker section of the society. 70% of the population in India are middle-class families and will not be able to pay a high amount of premium yearly. Under these government schemes you have to pay a low amount yearly and can take advantage of Mediclaim at any hospital.
- Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY): For this government charge 30 rupees per person and you can take a medical cover up to Rs. 30,000. Ministry of Labour and Employment launch this scheme for the families below the poverty line.
- Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana: Under this scheme, if your family is economically weak and someone dies in your family then you have to pay an affordable premium and can take financial compensation from the government.
- Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS): This scheme was initiated in 1954 and since then it provides wide-ranging healthcare services to the central government employees, pensioners, and dependents.
- Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana (AABY): This scheme was launched in 2017 to provide health insurance to rural landless peoples. Under this scheme beneficiary should be of 18 to 59 years of age and the family of the beneficiary will receive Rs.30,000 in natural death, Rs.75,000 in accidental death or permanent disability, and Rs.37,500 on partial disability.
- Janashree Bima Yojana (JBY): This scheme was launched in 2000 to provide medical insurance for the BPL families to fall under 45 occupational groups.
- Employment State Insurance Scheme (ESIS): This scheme will pay for the medical expenses of employed individuals and their families from day one. This is a social security initiative featured for providing socio-economic security to the working class.
- Universal Health Insurance Scheme (UHIS): Under this scheme, you have to pay Rs.200 for individual, Rs.300 for a family of five-member, and Rs.400 for a family of seven-member. Beneficiaries will receive accidental death cover up to Rs.25,000 and medical expenses up to Rs.30,000. This scheme was implemented for underprivileged families to take better and improved medical facilities at low prices.