It is compulsory to have car insurance no matter where are you living? How rich are you? Whether you are a trained driver or not? All these things are secondary things and help you to reduce the premium but you can’t abandon it anyways. Car insurance may not be important to you but it will play a vital role in helping others if they are injured due to your mistake. A car insurance will pay for the medical expenses and reimburse the damage caused to the car as well as to the property. The increasing number of vehicles on the road will also increase the risk of accidents. So, it is important to take car insurance before anything will happen to you unexpectedly. You can purchase car insurance online or offline.
Why buying car insurance online is better than an offline option?
Due to the advancement of technology and tech-savvy people purchasing insurance become much easier. You can directly purchase it online and can receive the documents instantly on your email id.
Benefits of purchasing car insurance online:
- If you want to buy car insurance online then you can purchase it anytime sitting at the comfort of your home. You can search for multiple plans, compare them, and select the best one that fulfils all your requirements.
- Car insurance renewal for online insurance is also easy. You have to just pay the premium amount on the company portal by entering your insurance details.
- Some of the people think that the terms and conditions of online policies are more complex than the offline ones. But it is simply a myth because online purchasing of car insurance will give you more clarity on coverage and benefits. You also have the record of promised benefit and if you will face any issue at the time of claiming then you can confront the insurance company for misleading.
- The claiming process of online car insurance is also easy and unpretentious. Most of the companies are providing cashless facilities while others will provide you the reimbursement as soon as you complete the claiming procedure and submit all required documents.
- Online insurance policies will give you huge discounts of up to 70% and it also makes the renewable amount affordable for you.
- The valuation of every car is different and the insurance companies predefine it. So, you have to look for the high validation value so that you can manage all the expenses with that amount.
- You can save a handful of money by avoiding the interference of a broker or insurance agent. Insurance agents provide their service on the wages received from insurance companies or chargeable basis. If you will ask an insurance broker to buy a policy for you then they will surely take a good amount from you for this. Apart from this, it is not sure that insurance companies will give the facility they have talked about or there is any capping with them or not.
Features of offline car Insurance:
- If you don’t trust the online procedures or you are unable to understand the complexity of online car insurance policy then you can go for an offline insurance policy.
- You have to contact an insurance agent or broker to get an offline insurance plan. You have to share your requirements with them and they will help you to choose the correct insurance plan that best suits your requirement.
- Obviously, the offline agent will take charges from you for providing service. You can also ask them about your doubts related to the policy and they will solve your queries.
- You can also ask them for renewal on your behalf. You have to give the money to the insurance agent; they will do it for you and give the renewal documents to you.
- Purchasing an offline car insurance can be risky as you have to trust the unknown insurance agent, so the chances are high that he can dupe you.
The difference between online and offline car Insurance:
- You will get multiple discount options with high margin while purchasing an online car insurance. But in offline car insurance, you will not get such offers or discounts.
- If you purchase an online car insurance plan then the insurance provider will instantly email the documents of the policy on your registered mail id and you don’t have to carry hard copies.
- Most of the online insurance providers give cashless facilities. While in offline insurance plans you have to pay from your pocket first and the insurance company will reimburse the amount after submitting the required documents.
- Online car insurance policy will protect you from being cheated however offline purchasing of insurance plans can be unsafe and fiddly.
- By taking an online insurance policy you can avoid traveling place to place in search of a broker or agent.
- At the time of making a claim in an offline insurance policy if any document of the policy is missing or misplaced then you will not be able to take successful claims.
- Purchasing an online insurance plan needs prior knowledge of the terms related to the insurance plans. But for offline insurance policy an agent is always there to answer all your muddles.
- Complete knowledge of computers is a must for purchasing an online car insurance policy.
- In offline insurance your agent will take follow-ups and remind you for renewal but in online insurance you have to remember the renewal time on your own.
Both the insurance policies have their diverse advantages and disadvantages. Some people prefer to take online insurance while others will go for the offline option. The selection and the way to purchasing an insurance plan depend on the comfort, need and knowledge of the individual. No matter which way you are choosing, at last only the benefits and coverage option will pay off your expenses. So, it is important to choose wisely by taking consultation of your friends and relatives. Moreover, you can anytime take help of an insurance agent to clear your doubts and misconceptions related to an online car insurance policy.