As per WHO, India will observe a high rise in cancer cases in the coming years. Also, we are observing a vast transformation in the health sector that leads to a swift increase in treatment costs. If the treatment cost gets doubled the next year then there is nothing to get surprised about. With a rough estimate of the expenses, it is assumable that the treatment of any critical illness like cancer will cost you more than 5 lakhs. So, It is a necessity of every individual to cover them and their family with health insurance. Otherwise, all your investment gets void to treat the diseases. There are many companies providing the best health insurance policy in India. You can also compare their quotes online to choose the best among them.
As per a report, an individual spends 25% of their income in dealing with health issues. So, it is important to purchase an insurance plan on time to maintain your savings as it is. The sooner you purchase health insurance, it will prove more beneficial in your old days. You can insure a baby of three months to a senior citizen till death.
Different insurance health insurance companies in India have different premium prices depending on the facilities provided by them. So, don’t forget to compare health insurance online prior to purchasing it.
How to choose the best health insurance in India?
There is no doubt that only the best insurance plan will fulfill all you need. If you try to compromise with the premium prices then it will surely decrease the facilities in an insurance policy. Make sure to check these pointers while purchasing the best health insurance in India, otherwise you will regret later.
- A best health insurance plan will not only save your money but also provide complete coverage to all types of diseases.
- The best health insurance plan is easy to buy and renew.
- It can be customizable as per your requirement and family needs. You can include your parents, kids, and spouse in a single insurance plan.
- A good insurance policy will cover all the pre-existing, critical, asthmatic, and chronic diseases.
- There should be no age limit to opting for co-payment in the insurance plan.
- The best health insurance company will ensure to cover all the daily expenses, transportation costs, OPD, room rents, and maternity expenses.
- There should be no capping on room rent charges.
- The best health insurance plan must have easy claiming procedures. You don’t have to visit multiple insurance offices to complete your claim.
- The best health insurance company will provide an auto-recharge facility so that your account doesn’t get empty while treatment.
- You will get up to a 20% cumulative bonus every year
- A good health insurance company will ensure to cover all the maternity expenses of the baby as well as of mother.
- The best health insurance company must have a wide range of network hospitals all over the country.
- While choosing the best health insurance plan make sure to consider all medical situations of your family.
- If you have more than one person in your family then go for a family floater plan. A family floater plan will give you a high sum insured in a comparatively low premium that you pay in separate individual plans.
- Choose for the policy that can be renewed up to maximum age. You will get no claim bonus on renewing it every year and that will increase the sum insured.
- Check the reviews on the official website of the company to get a rough idea of the claim settlement ratio. Choose the insurance company that applies no capping on room rents.
Reasons to choose the best health insurance policy in India:
Provide comprehensive coverage to the family:
Customers can choose cashless family floater plans to cover more than one member in the family. Rather than taking separate individual plans, a combine’s family floater plan will help to reduce your premium. Additionally, you will get more sum insured in family floater plans to cover all the family members.
The best health insurance plan in India should be affordable. You can pay the amount easily by maintaining all the savings and other expenditure of the family.
Easy to maintain:
The best health policy is easy to maintain. On taking multiple individual plans you may get confused among their renewal date. If you forget to renew the policy on time due to this confusion then it gets lapsed. So, maintaining and renewing a family floater plan is easier instead of renewing multiple individual plans.
You can take a cashless treatment facility in all the network hospitals. Suppose a medical emergency occurs at midnight then you or your family member need to rush to the hospital. In that case, if a network hospital is there near your location then it will be truly a relief for you. All the expenses of your treatment will be looked after by the insurance company.
Multiple coverage options:
The best insurance policy will not only look for the medical expenses but it will also cover other expenses outside the hospitals. Like OPD facility, post-hospitalization expenses, tests, blood bank costs, organ donor expends, domiciliary care and many more
Different families have a different medical history, thus need customized facilities as per their family need. All the major family floater plans come with customizable rider plans. You can choose or eliminate the riders as per your requirement while purchasing the insurance plan. If you have a person in your family suffering from critical illness then select a critical illness rider. If someone in your family is getting involved in accidents frequently then choose a personal accidental rider for then. You can also customize these riders’ plans to increase or decrease the sum insured.
Customers can avail tax benefits under Section 80 D of the Indian Income Tax Act on purchasing an insurance plan for their family. It also proves to be a good investment track for the future.