The sudden outbreak of Covid-19 lately in the previous year has now become a huge threat to the whole world. The death toll as well as the number of infected persons are increasing each day with high density. More than 4.5 lakh people have already died due to this life taking virus. People with respiratory problems, children and old age people are at high risk of infection through coronavirus. Obvious people take complete measures to protect themselves from this disease. They are maintaining social distance, washing hands regularly, wearing masks, sanitizing surfaces, avoiding traveling, and keeping adequate cleaning. Believe it or not, anyone can get infected from this coronavirus. It is completely unpredicted and not in your hands to remain safe from this. So, a Coronavirus Health Insurance Cover will help you to deal with this unexpected situation.
However, a health insurance plan is sufficient to cover your coronavirus treatment expenses. You don’t need to waste money by purchasing an extra Coronavirus Health Insurance Cover. All the insurance companies are providing COVID-19 treatment facilities with the existing health insurance plan. As we know that coronavirus is a new disease hence it does not fall in the category of pre-existing disease.
Certain conditions and exclusions to avail benefit under your existing policy.
- Health insurance policies provide similar benefits as they do with another ailment. So, customers can take treatment of this disease after completing the normal waiting period.
- Your existing health insurance policy will not cover your coronavirus testing expenses. If you want to make a claim for coronavirus treatment, then it is important to get hospitalized for a minimum of 24 hours.
- Any standard insurance policy will not cover your Quarantine or any non-hospitalization expenses.
- With your existing health policy, you don’t have to hold the coronavirus treatment due to the waiting period.
Important facts and Benefits of purchasing a Coronavirus Health Insurance Cover
Everyone wants to protect themselves from sudden financial risks. So, Coronavirus Health Insurance Cover is the best thing to purchase in these critical times of the epidemic. The WHO already declared coronavirus as a pandemic. So, it is better to keep yourself protected with COVID cover instead of paying high hospital expenses later. Here we have provided some facts and benefits of a COVID cover that customers should know.
Lots of people are dying in the world due to this coronavirus. If you are suffering from respiratory disease or other breath related ailment then it is important to take high sum insured. Opting for a high sum insured is appropriate to cover high medical bills.
When it is about a rapidly spreading disease like coronavirus, it is important to look for the waiting period. A policy with a too-long waiting period will not help you in an emergency. So, make sure to check for the waiting period of the plan.
Most insurance companies are providing 30 days waiting period. But there is a certain insurance provider who is allowing a waiting period of fewer than 30 days.
Also, if you already have an existing health insurance policy then you don’t have to serve any waiting period. Your entire hospitalization expenses will be covered from the very first day of the treatment. On the other hand, if you purchase a policy after getting infected with the coronavirus. Then the treatment will cover after the waiting period gets over.
Whatever policy you are purchasing, checking for the coverage option is a vital part of purchasing an insurance plan. Accidently if you miss reading any clause, later it will create a problem for you. So strictly check the coverage provided by your insurance provider. Whether the policy is covering your ICU charges, in hospitalization expenses, ambulance charges, and other required coverage.
Exclusion under Coronavirus Health Insurance Cover:
- A Coronavirus Health Insurance Cover will not cover your pre and post-natal expenses. Though you can talk to your insurance agent and purchase additional coverage for this.
- Health insurance policy will not cover the treatment of a pre-infected person. Apart from this, if the insurance company found any symptoms of coronavirus in you prior to 6 weeks of purchasing the policy then you will not be able to make a claim.
- The insurance company will not approve your claim if you take the treatment of corona without doctor recommendation or prescription.
- Coronavirus health insurance policy will not cover home quarantine cases.
- Treatment taken in any non-recognized hospital or quarantine center is not allowed to make claims.
Ways to make claims under the coronavirus health insurance policy:
Like other health insurance plans, coronavirus covers are also eligible to take both cashless and reimbursement claims.
Cashless claims for coronavirus plans:
In cashless claims, the hospital authorities contact directly with the insurance company to settle claims. Before getting admitted to any network hospital, you have to inform them on call. After hospitalization, you need to contact the TPA desk and inform them about your health conditions. If you won’t take treatment in a network hospital then you will not be able to take benefit of cashless treatment.
Reimbursement claims for coronavirus plans:
In case if you don’t find any hospital in your nearby location then you can take treatment at any hospital. Obviously, you have to pay the medical bills from your pocket. But later the insurance company will reimburse the complete expenses to your bank account. All you need to make a reimbursement claim by filling up the claiming form and submitting the documents to the insurance provider.
Customers can check for coronavirus health insurance plans on online websites. as all the insurance companies are providing high sum insured at low annual premiums.